Library Card Policy:
- Adults (age 18 and above) may obtain a Stanhope Library card by providing acceptable identification and by signing the registration form.
- Teens (ages 14-17) may obtain a Stanhope Library card by providing acceptable identification and by signing the registration form.
- Children (age 12 and under) may obtain a Stanhope Library card when they can sign their full name on the registration form. A parent or guardian must be present at the time the card is issued, provide identification and sign the registration form.
- Adults are financially responsible for all materials borrowed on their own library cards. Parents or guardians are responsible for materials borrowed on their teens and children’s library cards.
- Children visiting from out of town may obtain a library card with the signature of the adult with whom the child is staying.
- Changes in name, address or telephone number should be reported immediately.
- Library cards are registered for three years, after which they expire. Patron shall provide valid identification showing a current street address for card renewal.
- All registered readers are allowed public computer access.